Best Coffee Creamer Reviews – Who doesn’t love a steaming hot cup of coffee in the morning? Or maybe a nice big mug of hot chocolate after a long day, constantly in and out of the cold – with whipped cream…and perhaps some marshmallows on top?
We love our hot beverages and legal caffeine stimulants but we’re probably more health (and calorie-) conscious than ever before! And thanks to the mouth-watering concoctions we’ve all seen in those Hollywood Christmas movies, now we want products with all the added toppings – all the flavor but none of the flab – and why not? After all, this is the twentieth-first century!
Ok, arguably a little exaggerated, but equally a valid point nonetheless. And no doubt that’s why you’ve ended up on this page to check out reviews looking at coffee creamers. So, let’s check out what it is we mean by a coffee ‘creamer’…
What is Coffee Creamer?
Creamer refers to a light type of cream, which can come in either granular or liquid form and be added to hot beverages such as tea or coffee to compliment the taste, acting much like milk or ordinary cream.
Coffee creamer is a liquid or powdered substance added to coffee to give it a creamier texture and sweeter flavor. It is usually made of cream, milk, sugar, and flavorings. However, many coffee creamers are also available in non-dairy options, such as soy, almond, and coconut milk.
What are the Benefits?
- Healthier – it first started to make an appearance back in the 1950s and is still used by many today instead of real cream as it is thought to be a healthier alternative.
However, it has been suggested that these ‘creamers’ do not contain any actual food substances and so are required to be referred to as ‘whiteners’ in some countries.
- Long Life – non-dairy coffee creamers do not require refrigerating and of course, have a much longer shelf life than their dairy equivalents.
- Ready to go! – the great thing about these coffee creamers is they are so easy to prepare – exactly what you need when you’re rushing around like a headless chicken in the morning. Stir and Enjoy!
What are the Pros and Cons of Coffee Creamer?
Coffee creamer is not a natural product and is a product that comes from a machine. It is a replacement for real cream so here are the pros and cons:
- Enhances Taste: Coffee creamer can enhance the taste of your coffee and make it more enjoyable to drink.
- Convenience: It is a convenient way to add flavor and creaminess to your coffee without the need to purchase and store milk or cream.
- Variety: There is a wide variety of flavors and types of coffee creamers available in the market, which allows you to experiment with different flavors and find the ones that you like the most.
- Long Shelf Life: Coffee creamer has a longer shelf life than milk or cream, which makes it a more practical choice for people who do not consume dairy products frequently.
- Health Concerns: Many coffee creamers contain high levels of sugar, artificial flavors, and preservatives, which can have negative effects on your health if consumed in excess.
- Nutritional Value: Coffee creamer lacks the nutritional value of real milk or cream and may not provide the same level of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Environmental Impact: Many coffee creamers come in single-use plastic containers, which can contribute to plastic waste and have a negative impact on the environment.
- Taste: Some people may find the taste of coffee creamer to be artificial or overly sweet.
The Best Coffee Creamer – 5 Top Products to enjoy your coffee without real cream
Nutpods Dairy-Free Creamer
Nutpods Dairy-Free Creamer is a popular option among coffee enthusiasts who prefer a non-dairy creamer. It is made of almond and coconut milk, and it contains no sugar, soy, or gluten. This creamer is also keto and paleo-friendly. Nutpods Dairy-Free Creamer comes in various flavors, including hazelnut, vanilla, and caramel.
Califia Farms Almond Milk Creamer
Califia Farms Almond Milk Creamer is another non-dairy option for coffee lovers. This creamer is made of almond milk and coconut cream, and it comes in a variety of flavors, such as hazelnut, vanilla, and pecan caramel. It is also low in calories, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
International Delight French Vanilla Creamer
International Delight French Vanilla Creamer is a classic creamer that has been a favorite for many coffee lovers. This creamer is made of real cream and sugar and has a rich, creamy flavor. It comes in various flavors, including hazelnut, caramel, and pumpkin spice.
Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Creamer
Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Creamer is a popular creamer made of real milk and cream. It contains no artificial flavors or sweeteners, making it a great option for people who prefer natural products. It comes in various flavors, such as vanilla, caramel, and sweet cream.
Nestle Coffee-mate Powdered Creamer
Nestle Coffee-mate Powdered Creamer is a classic creamer that has been used in households for decades. It is made of sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and corn syrup solids. It comes in various flavors, including french vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel.
The Process of Making Coffee Creamer
Coffee creamer is typically made from a combination of water, sugar, vegetable oil, and a variety of other additives and flavorings. The exact recipe can vary depending on the brand and type of creamer.
One common method of making coffee creamer involves blending water, sugar, and vegetable oil together with an emulsifier such as mono- and diglycerides or sodium stearoyl lactylate. These emulsifiers help to keep the oil and water from separating, giving the creamer a smooth, consistent texture.
Additional ingredients may also be added to enhance the flavor, texture, and nutritional value of the creamer. Some common additives include:
- Artificial or natural flavors
- Sweeteners such as high fructose corn syrup or stevia
- Thickeners such as carrageenan or xanthan gum
- Vitamins and minerals such as calcium or vitamin D
Once all of the ingredients are blended together, the mixture is heated and homogenized to create a smooth, uniform texture. The creamer is then packaged and shipped to stores where it can be purchased by consumers.
Where to Buy the Best Coffee Creamer
While coffee creamer can be a convenient way to add flavor and creaminess to your morning cup of coffee, it is important to be aware of the potential drawbacks. Some creamers may contain high levels of sugar or unhealthy fats, and some people may be sensitive to certain additives or artificial ingredients. As with any food product, it is important to read labels carefully and choose options that align with your dietary needs and preferences.
Coffee creamer is widely available for purchase in most grocery stores, supermarkets, and online retailers. Some popular brick-and-mortar stores that sell coffee creamer include Walmart, Target, Costco, and Whole Foods. Additionally, most coffee shops and cafes also offer creamer for purchase.
Online retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, and Target offer a wide range of coffee creamer options and convenient home delivery. Specialized online stores like CoffeeAM, CoffeeForLess, and Coffee.org also offer a variety of coffee creamers for sale.
It is important to note that availability and selection may vary depending on location and retailer.