Starbucks Iced Coffee Calories – sweet, sweet baby!
Starbucks Iced Coffee Calories and more! All you have to know what blows up your daily calories when you have a drink or food at your favorite coffee shop.
Starbucks is a go-to destination for many coffee lovers around the world, and with good reason. The coffee chain offers a wide range of beverages, including delicious iced coffees that are perfect for a hot summer day. However, many people wonder about the calorie count of their favorite Starbucks iced coffee drinks. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Starbucks iced coffee calories and how you can enjoy your favorite beverage without breaking your diet.
First of all, it’s important to note that the calorie count of Starbucks iced coffee drinks varies depending on the size and ingredients. For example, a Tall (12 oz.) Starbucks Iced Coffee with Classic Syrup contains just 60 calories. However, if you add cream and sugar to your drink, the calorie count can quickly increase.
Calorie counts for a standard Iced Coffee at Starbucks
The calorie content of a Starbucks iced coffee can vary depending on the size, type of milk, and added sweeteners. Here are the approximate calorie counts for a standard iced coffee at Starbucks:
- Tall Starbucks Iced Coffee with no milk or sugar: 5 calories
- Grande Starbucks Iced Coffee with no milk or sugar: 5 calories
- Venti Starbucks Iced Coffee with no milk or sugar: 10 calories
If you add milk or cream, the calorie content will increase depending on the amount and type of milk used. For example:
- Tall Starbucks Iced Coffee with 2% milk: 20 calories
- Grande Starbucks Iced Coffee with almond milk: 30 calories
- Venti Starbucks Iced Coffee with whole milk: 60 calories
If you add sweeteners such as simple syrup or flavored syrups, the calorie count will also increase. It’s important to keep in mind that excessive consumption of added sugars can lead to negative health effects.
Low-calorie options for Starbucks Iced Coffee
If you’re watching your calorie intake, there are several Starbucks iced coffee options that are lower in calories. For example, the Iced Skinny Latte is made with nonfat milk and sugar-free syrup, making it a great option for those on a diet. A Tall Iced Skinny Latte contains just 60 calories, making it a guilt-free treat.
Another low-calorie option is the Iced Coffee with Milk and is a great option if you’re looking for a simple, refreshing beverage without any added sugar or syrups. You can also add a sugar-free flavor shot to your drink to give it some extra flavor without the added calories.
Medium to High-calorie options for Starbucks Iced Coffee
Iced Caramel Macchiato
If you’re looking for something a little sweeter, the Iced Caramel Macchiato is a popular choice. However, this drink can be high in calories if you’re not careful. A Tall Iced Caramel Macchiato with nonfat milk and no whipped cream contains 120 calories, which is still relatively low compared to other sugary beverages. You can also ask for fewer pumps of caramel syrup to further reduce the calorie count.
Other Starbucks Iced Coffee options
Of course, if you’re not watching your calorie intake, there are plenty of indulgent Starbucks iced coffee options to choose from. The Iced Caramel Cloud Macchiato, for example, is made with whipped cold foam and caramel drizzle and contains 190 calories in a Tall size. The Mocha Frappuccino is another popular choice, with a Tall containing 200 calories. While these drinks may be high in calories, they can still be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
How about the Starbucks Food options – what are the calories?
Starbucks offers a variety of food options, and the calorie count can vary significantly depending on the specific item. Here are some examples of popular Starbucks food items and their approximate calorie counts:
- Classic Whole-Grain Oatmeal: 160 calories (with optional toppings, such as nuts or dried fruit, the calorie count can increase)
- Spinach, Feta & Cage-Free Egg White Wrap: 290 calories
- Ham & Cheese Croissant: 350 calories
- Blueberry Scone: 460 calories
- Chocolate Chunk Cookie: 470 calories
- Lemon Loaf Cake: 470 calories
- Chicken & Quinoa Protein Bowl: 610 calories
- Southwest Black Bean Wrap: 670 calories
Keep in mind that the calorie count can vary depending on the size and specific ingredients used in each food item.
It’s important to note that these calorie counts are approximate and can vary based on the specific ingredients and preparation method. Starbucks also offers a variety of healthier options, such as the protein boxes and salads, which are generally lower in calories than the sandwiches and pastries.
If you’re watching your calorie intake, it’s a good idea to check the nutrition information of the specific food item you’re interested in before ordering. This information can usually be found on the Starbucks website or mobile app. You can also ask the barista for recommendations on healthier options or for suggestions on customizing your order to reduce the calorie count.
How can you reduce calories when on the run?
Reducing the number of calories in your Starbucks order can be easy if you make a few simple adjustments. Here are some tips for reducing calories at Starbucks:
- Choose smaller sizes: Starbucks offers a variety of sizes, from tall to venti. Choosing a smaller size can significantly reduce the calorie count of your drink or food item.
- Skip the whipped cream: Whipped cream adds extra calories to your drink. If you don’t need the extra sweetness, skip the whipped cream.
- Choose non-fat milk or plant-based milk: Switching from whole milk or 2% milk to non-fat milk or a plant-based milk, such as soy or almond milk, can reduce the calorie count of your drink.
- Skip the syrup or choose sugar-free options: Flavored syrups can add a lot of calories to your drink. If you don’t need the extra sweetness, skip the syrup or choose sugar-free options.
- Choose lighter food options: Starbucks offers a variety of lighter food options, such as the Classic Whole-Grain Oatmeal or the Spinach, Feta & Cage-Free Egg White Wrap.
- Customize your order: Don’t be afraid to ask for modifications to your order. For example, you can ask for fewer pumps of syrup or ask for your drink to be made with non-fat milk.
So how can you enjoy your favorite Starbucks Iced Coffee drink without breaking your diet? The key is to be mindful of your calorie intake and make smart choices. Opt for low-calorie options like the Iced Skinny Latte or Iced Coffee with Milk, and ask for sugar-free flavor shots to add some extra flavor without the added calories. If you’re craving something sweet, ask for fewer pumps of syrup or choose a smaller size.