Demitasse is the French and Italian name for “half-cup”. It describes the small cup which hold 2 to 3.5 oz. of espresso – the smallest coffee cups available.
What is a Demitasse Spoon
A demitasse spoon is also called espresso spoon and is used for the No.1 Italian coffee: Espresso. An espresso is usually served after dinner in a porcelain cup or an espresso shot glass. The espesso spoons are used to stir sugar, milk, or cream into the espresso. Demitasse spoons are a type of kitchen ware used Europe and the United States.
- Material: The demitasse spoon is usually made of stainless steel, polished silver or gold. The bowl is mostly the same but the handle can different. It can be very simple, has artful ornates or patterns.
- Size: A demitasse spoon has just the right size for the small espresso cups that are half the size of a full coffee cup. They are smaller than a tea spoon and have an average lenght of 3 to 4 inches (7.6 to 10.5 cm)
Included in the matrix are 6 columns – Click on the columns to sort the data:
- Spoon name (click to view more details or to purchase)
- Demitasse spoon pictures
- Material spoons are made of
- Handle – Design of the handle
- Set – Spoons included in the package
- Price per spoon – Approx. prices on Amazon.com. These change frequently based on availability, special promotions, and more. But generally speaking: $ = under $3, $$ = $3 to $5, $$$ = $5 to $7, $$$$ = $7+
- Rating – Average user rating on Amazon.comThis can be very helpful in deciding if people are satisfied with their purchase.